Serving: North Idaho & Spokane Washington Areas
Media Controlled is your Home Automation Integration company. We specialize in bringing all of the right technologies together to easily control what is important to you, your home.
What is Home Automation?
A Home Automation gadget is a system of devices that operate together to control your home, including lighting, garage doors, electrical outlets and thermostats. Home automation lets you manage the functions inside your home with just one or two commands. It can be very useful for power outages or emergencies when you need to turn off everything at once.
Home automation systems are also designed to make your life more convenient by allowing you to adjust lighting, climate control and other settings remotely using an app on your mobile device. Home automation systems communicate with each other through wireless technology, eliminating the need for bulky wiring.
Components of a Home Automation System
Home Automation means simplifying the ways in which we control our surroundings. Turn up the heat, dim the lights, close the shades, set the security system, play some music, check who rang the doorbell and unlock the door all without leaving the couch!
A Hub or a Processor
A platform with the “brains” to perform these complex commands is necessary to controlling all of the devices in your home.
A fast internet connection with a robust network
All of this technology requires a lot of resources to effectively communicate with each other.
A User Interface
A device which the consumer uses to communicate to the “brains” sending the commands.
Why Automate Your Home?
- Convenience – Technology is becoming more commonly used when building homes. Automating can make your home easier to control.
- Security – You can be alerted in real time of many of the security breaches that occur whether at home or away.
- Safety – Leaving appliances on or lights off can cause unsafe conditions. When you have a system that can remind you of these conditions, you and your loved ones are that much safer.
- Savings – Leaving devices on that consume energy when you are away can waste a lot of energy. Controlling them and putting them on timers can save a lot of money annually.
- Resale – Installing an automation system adds value to your home when you go to sell your home or even refinance.
- Accessibility – Most of these systems allow for remote operation so you can check in on your home from almost anywhere in the world.
- Luxury – A lifestyle with an automated home can provide an extra level of comfort and extravagance
Home Automation System Checklist
- Platform / Control System
- Brands Carried: Control4
- Internet – Router and WiFi
- Brands Carried: Araknis, Luxul
- Brands Carried: Control4 and Lutron
- Brands Carried: Control4 (Aprilaire) and Nest
- Pool Controller
- Brands Carried: Jandy and Pentair
- Brands Carried: DSC, Honeywell, Hai and GE.
- Surveillance Cameras
- Brands Carried: Luma and Nest
- Door Locks
- Brands Carried: Yale and Baldwin
- Door Communication
- Brands Carried: Control4 and Nest
- Garage Doors
- Brands Carried: Liftmaster, Chamberlain and Genie
- Brands Carried: Somfy and Lutron
Four benefits of having a professional do your home automation installation
- We do the research for you – Save time and money by leaning on our knowledge and expertise
- Options – We will provide options you may not have known were available. We want to provide the right solutions for your situation.
- Stress reduction – We take the stress off of your shoulders.
- Save more money in the long run – You can end up spending a lot more in the long run if you make costly mistakes! Let us reduce the risk by getting it right the first time.
Make your Home a Smart Home
- Audio and Video Devices – a good automation system will control your audio and video system.
- Lighting – chose from smart plugs to wireless dimmers or switches or go all out with a complete centralized lighting system.
- Temperature – Replace your thermostat easily with a smart thermostat.
- Pool and/or Jacuzzi – schedule your heater, pumps and jets to come on at predetermined times so you don’t forget.
- Security System – Did you forget to arm your alarm? Some systems allow you to check your security system from almost anywhere!
- Surveillance Cameras – Hear a sound outside? Check it out safely from inside. If you had a break-in, check your DVR’s recording to see the culprit.
- Door Locks – Allow access to your home to other you trust with multiple codes. You can even control who enters using schedules. If you only want the housekeeper to enter during the hours of 9am to 5pm.
- Garage doors – If you leave the house, you can check if you forgot to close the door. You can even receive an email if it was opened!
- Shades – When the sun shines through the windows at the end of the day, you can have the shades close to keep the house cool, automatically.
- Sprinkler Systems – Easily setup and control your sprinklers on a schedule that is smart enough to know if it is raining or not.
- Fireplaces – Add the ambiance of turning your fireplace on and off automatically or add it to one of your “scenes”.
The Choice is yours!
Choose how you want to control it
- Voice Commands – Yes, you can talk to your home and tell it what to do!
- Remote control – If you prefer, you always pick up the remote with buttons on it.
- On wall touch panel – For the user who prefers a graphics rich experience.
- Smartphone or Tablet – Where’s the remote? Nevermind, I will use my phone. How cool is that?
- Create Scenes – Perform a number of commands at once to instantly achieve that perfect environment.
- All of the above!
Let's Automate your Home
We look forward to hearing from you!
From our Blog
7 Home Automation Integration Tips
Do you ever wish your home could be more technologically advanced? Or perhaps you’d just like to have more free time during the day, or for your lifestyle to be more convenient? If that sounds like you, then chances are you’re interested in home automation systems....